The Kilda Reclaimed Vintage School Coat Stand has been salvaged from a 1920s independent primary school during recent renovations and was surplus to requirements. The stunning free-standing, sturdy coat and umbrella stand would make the perfect addition to any stylish interior.
Made by E. A. Clare and Son of Liverpool who were famed for manufacturing the highest quality furniture, it is in lovely condition and will make a wonderful addition to any stylish location. It is a fantastic way to store coats, jackets, bags, umbrellas and even a dog lead or two!
With twelve new cast iron old school hooks in gun metal grey and an integrated umbrella stand, it is perfect for the hallway, porch, entranceway, utility room or cloakroom. It would look great in another school or nursery, or perhaps a café, restaurant or office?
This vintage wooden coat stand has the original hardwood supports that have been carefully hand-treated to deliver a stunning finish in the original colour. Additionally, a protective coat of high gloss, heavy-duty varnish has been applied to enhance the grain and provide extra protection.
Due to the age of the item and the setting from which it was salvaged, it will have seen lots over the years and as a result, it does have little signs of wear, indentations, and scuffs and like all wood, has it’s own individual irregularities. This of course is what gives this particular item such character.
This sturdy, rustic reclaimed vintage school coat stand has a delightful, unique vintage appearance that ensures it will look fantastic wherever it is placed. It will certainly be a talking point and will add a unique touch of style.
- Durable, hardwood coat stand
- Integrated umbrella storage
- Made by E. A. Clare and Son of Liverpool
- Original colour and markings
- Twelve new cast iron school coat hooks
- Sanded, oiled and hard gloss varnished for ultimate protection
- Height: 180cm / 70.8in
- Width: 40cm / 15.7in
- Umbrella Aperture Diameter: 22.5cm / 8.8in
- Weight: 14.8kg / 32.6lbs
- Gently dab clean to wipe away stains and allow to dry naturally
- As this item is reclaimed, your attention is drawn specifically to the condition of the piece
- UK mainland delivery just £4.95 on all orders. For full details please see our delivery information